8.03.2012

Interiors: I love paint!

There are a few little changes to the innards of the house that I accomplished in the last few years.  All thanks to my new friend...paint!  A few years ago, I got tired of looking at the plywood walls in the kitchen.  (Yep, they put up OSB in lieu of drywall.  Wallpapered it too.  Engreased dust covered the wallpaper so it came down too easily.  Ew.)














So, I got some yellow paint (flat), primed the kitchen, and painted it.  I painted the trim a warm white, and added a little trim over the range hood and sink.  Take a look:













MUCH better.  But....not without its flaws.  I learned some things...
1)  Flat paint doesn't cover all sins.
2) Grease stains soak into flat paint, they don't wipe away.  Mleh...










We had better luck with the room we use as a den.  Here, I experimented with texture paint.











 We took down the faux wood paneling down a found that the drywall underneath looked like it had been hung by a group of Cub Scouts, but with less planning.  Plus, it was covered in icky dried Liquid Nails--impossible to remove.  So, we texture painted it, but we know we'll have to take it ALL down someday because the insulation needs replacement someday.







Okay, well, picture layout in 'Blogger' has become officially too frustrating to continue.  More pictures in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment